Saturday, March 10, 2018

How I get around - Amazing Van/Camper/Everyday Rig & Pygmy Owl


I love night time at my house. The peace and quiet, and how bright it is when there's snow on the ground. Since a bunch of people have asked about this, I did a video on my transportation. How I get around in the wintery conditions, carry the things I need, and stay safe.


I really do like my little quirky old van.

A couple days after seeing and photographing my first ever Pine Grosbeaks, I spotted another little bird I'd never seen before!


Aren't pygmy owls just the cutest little owl ever?





I loved getting to watch this little feather ball for an afternoon and was hoping he'd stick around. But I have not seen him since, so maybe he's already moved on.


Grizzly and I have continued to enjoy spending time outside in the snow.





And the full moon through some light snow haze was still brilliant through the tree branches. It's almost daylight bright at night when there's a full moon and snow on the ground!


I am fortunate to see bald eagles most days, but getting to see one this close who cooperates long enough for me to get a photo, is much more rare.


And I've continued to see a lot of beautiful healthy looking bighorns this winter. Like this male and female pair in the beautiful soft snow filtered light. 

I know it's spring for many of you, but for those who don't have warm temps yet either, I hope you are enjoying the snow as much as I do!








6 comments:

  1. The closest we have to pygmies are screech owls and saw-whet owls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography belongs in National Geographic.
    Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer to read also. I love tiny house videos but many are far too long and could be strategically edited. Anything over 5 or 6 minutes is far too long. Yet one routinely sees 20+ minute videos - just ridiculous length. If it's not the bible then summarize and provide text within the frames for detail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really enjoyed the view and insights to living. I love every aspect of your home. Usually something I'd do different but yours is great. It also very easing on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these animals and birds and these are all very beautiful and charming. Appliance Repairing are very important in our homes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I am Dawn Vermeulen. I am wondering about 2 things, as I have started building a tiny home by re constructing an old trailer camper. The problems I need to solve are #1...I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and the land I own is about 8 miles away from the nearest "town", and has no road maintenance for the last 2 miles, which is a steep hill, so although my Subaru gets around really well, if I were to get hit with a big snowstorm, which we def. do, very deep, like I know you can imagine, I do not know what to do. Do I need to try and find someone who would plow? Or get a snowmobile, lol. Or purchase a pickup with a plow myself? I have a 4 wheeler that can get around sort of well but I could freeze to death! #2, I MUST have internet for my work,and get very little if any cell reception when out there, so do you have any suggestions? I do have a neighbor about a mile up the hill from me who sits atop a cliff with a 360 view and says he has no problems. Sometimes I drive the 4 wheeler up there to make a quick call or check the weather on my smart phone. He has built an off grid beautiful cabin that they use for weekends and such, mostly in the summer, I would imagine. Do you think I could run a cable up to his land or something? I am new to this but have been doing extensive research. It is snow removal and internet/phone that are my only concerns at this moment. thanks for all your info! dawn

    ReplyDelete